the below guidelines.
The Georgia Beekeepers Association is always encouraging new beekeeping clubs throughout the state.
The GBA recognizes that new clubs may have some difficulty with finances and the ability to hold meetings.
Therefore, the GBA may offer assistance and guidance with building the new club in the form of club management advice and start- up funds.
The procedures for requesting start-up funds are as follows:
- Club must elect a Board of Officers
- Club officers (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer) must be members of the Georgia Beekeepers Association.
- Club must have established by-laws.
- Club shall encourage GBA membership.
- A budget shall be submitted for use or needs of the club/startup. Be as specific as possible.
- Club shall submit first year calendar of events.
- List other activities that the club has done to secure monies: (Local grants, fundraisers, donations, etc.)
- Club is responsible to name the delegate to the GBA.
- An application, reflecting the above information, shall be presented to the Secretary of the GBA prior to the Board of Directors meeting at either the Spring GBA meeting or Fall meeting. The Board of Directors will review and approve/disapprove the request and present the new club at the next general meeting. The GBA Secretary will complete a club charter document and the GBA Treasurer will provide a check in the amount of $350.00 for presentation at the meeting.
- Upon affiliation with the Georgia Beekeepers Association, the Club President (or appointed delegate) will have full rights and privileges as a voting member in accordance with Article VII, para D. of the Georgia Beekeepers By-Laws at all state Directors meetings as long as he/she remains affiliated.